Monday, November 08, 2010

Broken Glass

Strange are the ways,
of shattered glass,
better left broken at times,
than held, in hurting caress.

But we hold no grudge,
we yield to reason,
it was not the day,
just was not the season.

But it isn't our failing,
that we obey our heart,
that the meaning in our eyes,
forked wide apart.

But can scattered pieces,
and but a spoonful of glue,
bear the drops again,
and stop the spew?

The day may never come,
or maybe isn't yet here,
when we dare blow at dust,
settled deep on a crusted tear.

Strange are the ways,
of shattered glass,
better left broken?
than held, in hurting caress?

4 comments:

Mukta said...

Have you read 'We the living'? There is a symphony in it, that shares the title of your poem. It would be good to hear that (of course unknowingly may be everyone has heard it) so is your poem nice to read

A said...

Hmm.. I hadn't read it.. but read about the song you mention. Not sure it is the same thing though. That's a happy song.. this is... rather sad :(

Mukta said...

What song?( I dont think the symphony actually exists)

M said...

Hmm.. this poem talks to me and moves me every time I read it.. sometimes I wonder if one can hear more than is spoken.. sigh..